Wareabouts Grill And Lounge is a relatively new dining establishment situated right next to Innovative Multiplex in Marathahalli, Bengaluru. The restaurant boasts a tasteful and inviting ambience, complete with a rooftop lounge bar that adds to its charm.
Primarily, Wareabouts Grill And Lounge operates as a well-established buffet restaurant, offering a fixed menu. What’s truly impressive is that, for a reasonable price ranging from Rupees 550 to 750, you can enjoy an extensive selection of dishes that are sure to satiate your appetite.
Furthermore, the Lounge Bar provides a comprehensive selection of alcoholic beverages, but it could benefit from a few enhancements or additions to enhance the overall experience.
Points to Remember:
- While Wareabouts Grill And Lounge isn’t exactly a budget-friendly spot, it falls within a reasonable price range.
- This establishment is an ideal party destination with an excellent music selection.
- It’s a perfect destination for those who enjoy alcoholic beverages as they offer a wide variety of drinks.
- You have the opportunity to interact with the amiable chef.
- Vegetarians and vegans will also find a range of options to suit their preferences.
Wareabouts is a decent spot to enjoy a satisfying lunch or dinner, but it does come with a few drawbacks. The restaurant offers an extensive menu with a variety of food options to indulge in. However, I must admit that some of the dishes didn’t quite reach the level of culinary excellence I was hoping for. In essence, while the ingredients and portion sizes appear promising, the overall taste didn’t live up to expectations.
The chef does show promise, and I believe there’s potential for improvement. It’s as if the dishes had the right quality and quantity, but they fell short in terms of flavor. To give you a better idea of what to expect, let me provide you with an overview of their menu and how the dishes fared in terms of taste.
1. Lassi – I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh lassi; every sip made the experience even better. However, I did find it a bit disappointing that they served the sweet lassi first. Sweet curd tends to linger on the palate and can somewhat dull the taste buds, resulting in a slightly reduced flavour sensation.
I would kindly suggest to the restaurant that instead of sweet lassi at the beginning, they could offer options like orange or lemon juice with less sugar. Citrus juices like lemon or orange have a cleansing effect on the palate, refreshing the taste buds and allowing for a more heightened and flavorful dining experience.
2. Prawns & Peppers with Chilli Mayonnaise – The Prawn Spicy Salsa was a truly unique and delightful dish. The harmonious combination of pepper and chilli created an exceptional flavour profile, and the prawns themselves were absolutely delicious. This culinary experience was truly amazing, and it’s evident that the dish was expertly crafted to offer a delightful blend of flavours and textures.
3. Roasted Pineapple – This dish felt truly unique due to its exquisite combination of saltiness, roasting flavours, and the natural sweetness of pineapple. The fact that it was served hot added to the overall experience, making the moment even more enjoyable. The juxtaposition of these contrasting flavors and the temperature of the dish came together to create a truly memorable and satisfying dining experience.
4. Lehsuni Paneer Tikka –This dish left much to be desired, primarily due to the tough texture of the paneer and the lacklustre flavour combination. I sampled two servings of paneer; one had a decent taste, while the other suffered from excessive saltiness, ultimately resulting in a disappointing overall experience.
5. Cajun Spiced Roast Potatoes – I could savour this dish all day; it was a perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness, making it exceptionally delightful.
6. Mushroom Galauti Kebab – This dish was enjoyable, but I found it to be slightly undercooked. The mushroom stems weren’t grilled to perfection, leaving a raw and unpleasant taste.
7. Ajwaini Fish Tikka –“Awesome” perfectly sums up the experience; the choice of fish was impeccably seasoned and the taste was outstanding. The fish was tender and flawlessly cooked. In my opinion, this was the standout dish among all the options I’ve tried at this place.
8. Murgh Hariyali – This dish sparked a spirited debate as some found it to be quite enjoyable, while others, including myself, found the chicken to be excessively tough. I firmly believe that the chicken was indeed on the hard side.
9. Chilli Prawns –The Chilli Prawns were absolutely delicious, reminiscent of Prawns Manchurian rather than a typical Chilli Prawn dish. It had a delightful crunch and was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend giving it a try!
10. BBQ Chicken Drumsticks –This dish was a complete disaster; it was served raw and uncooked, and to my shock, I even found traces of blood when I took a bite. While I personally didn’t feel unwell, I want to caution others to be aware and exercise caution. It’s possible that I was unfortunate in receiving an improperly prepared dish, but it’s essential to stay vigilant for your own safety.
11. Hyderabadi Murg Biryani – “Wonderful” is the perfect word to describe the experience. The biryani was infused with a medley of authentic Hyderabadi flavours, and I genuinely felt delighted after savouring it.
12. Dahi Bhalla – I’m not typically a fan of salads, but this one pleasantly surprised me. The fusion of flavours, especially the rich presence of dahi, was undeniably delicious and delivered a fantastic kick.
13. Cucumber Youghurt Salad – Unique, funky yet tasty.
14. Minty Rasgolla – It was an entirely novel dish for me, as I had the pleasure of trying three Rasgollas for the very first time. The subtle hint of mint essence added a unique and delightful dimension to the Rasgolla, making it even more delicious.
15. Rabdi – It was a simple yet flavorful dish. I mean, who could resist a rabdi filled with almonds?
16. Chenna Malpua with Caramelized Cashew – This dish did feel quite heavy, but in terms of flavour, it was impeccably crafted. The caramelized cashews had a touch of sourness, and the Chenna Malpua was overly sweet, but the combination simply blew me away.
17. Shahi Tukda –While I’ve had authentic Shahi Tukda and this one didn’t quite match up, what I appreciated was its slightly sweet quality, which provided a delightful burst of flavour on the palate.
18. Fresh Mango Mousse – “Delicious” perfectly describes it, as I adored the combination of fresh mango within a mousse that was otherwise lacking in flavour.
19. Apple Jalebi – This dessert is undeniably delicious, standing tall alongside the Mint Rasgolla. I believe promoting these two dishes would certainly help them gain popularity in the market.
Certainly, while there were many other dishes on the menu, I felt these are the most noteworthy to mention. I would love to see more creative offerings from this talented Andhra chef. Allowing this chef the space to experiment and adapt to the local taste preferences in Bangalore could result in some exciting culinary innovations for the restaurant.
|BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
|Fresh Mango Mousse
|Cucumber Youghurt Salad
|Chenna Malpua with Caramelized Cashew
|Fresh Mango Mousse
|Chilli Cheese Bajji with Mayonnaise
90/1B, 3rd and 4th Floor,
Kings Cross Building,
Innovative Multiplex, Outer Ring Road,
Marathahalli, Bangalore 560037